Gingery cookies are crispy spice cookies and are a Christmas tradition in Sweden. They are delightfully old fashioned and Swedish, and have a very distinct taste from the addition of maple syrup.
Pepparkakor Cookies are traditionally cut out in the shape of heart, flower or stars. Dusting your cookie cutters with flour will make it easier to cut the dough.
- 8 ounces of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 2 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 2 tsp of orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F/190°C.
- Take a large bowl and put cream the butter and sugar in it.
- Add Vegetable Oil, corn syrup, orange juice, and orange zest in the mixture and stir.
- Then add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Stir into the creamed mixture until combined.
- Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies on wire racks.