Christmas is the time when people make sweets and cookies.
Christmas Tree is often associated with Christmas and Christmas Trees cookies are best way to celebrate Christmas.
Below we have provided a simple and delicious Gingerbread Sandwich Christmas Trees Recipe.
- 1,1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of molasses
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1-1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- M&M’s minis
- 3/4 cup of vanilla or chocolate frosting
- Green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses. Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut with a floured 3-in. tree-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press M&M’s into half of the cookies.
- Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- If using vanilla frosting, tint green if desired. Spread frosting over the bottoms of plain cookies; top with decorated cookies.