Gingerbread Men Cookies are as cute as can be. If desired, decorate with raisins, currants or cinnamon red hot candies for eyes and buttons.
A fun idea is to use the Gingerbread Men as decorations for your Christmas tree or even as gift tags.
- 3.5 ounce of package cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1, 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Take a medium bowl put in dry butterscotch pudding mix, butter and brown sugar until smooth to form a cream.
- Add the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon into the pudding mixture and stir it well.
- Cover and chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Grease baking sheets.
- On a floured board, roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into man shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are golden at the edges.