Krumkake also known as ‘Krum kaka’ meaning bent or curved cake. It is a Norwegian waffle cookie made of flour, butter, sugar, and cream.
Krumkake is traditionally made during the Christmas season and is a perfect treat for the occasion.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of butter flavoring
- Take a bowl and put flour, baking powder, and salt in it and keep set aside.
- Take a large bowl, put margarine and sugar mix it until light and fluffy to form a cream and add in the vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed.
- Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Grease cookie sheets.
- On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are barely brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.