These cookies are our very favorite Christmas cookies.
Below we have provided you with a simple, delicious and easy to prepare Chocolate-Mint Truffle Christmas Cookies Recipe.
- 1/4 cup of butter, cubed
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 package of mint Andes candies, chopped, divided
- 2 tsp of shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup of white baking chips
Optional toppings: chopped nuts, sprinkles and crushed candy canes
- Take a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips, stir till smooth and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Add in the Vegetable oil, sugars, extracts, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and stir
- Then gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Fold in 3/4 cup Andes candies.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until tops appear slightly dry. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt 1 teaspoon shortening and remaining chocolate chips and Andes candies; stir until smooth.
- Melt white baking chips and remaining shortening in a microwave at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies in melted chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Dip remaining cookies in melted baking chip mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on wax paper. Immediately sprinkle with toppings of your choice.
- Let stand until set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.