Candy Cane Cookies are cute little cookies are tender crisp with a buttery sweet almond flavor. There is no denying that kids love these cookies, but adults seem to enjoy every bit as much as they can, especially with a hot cup of tea.
I am sure you all might be searching for Candy Cane Cookies Recipe for your Christmas festivities…
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of crushed peppermint hard candies
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Take a large bowl and put butter, confectioners’ sugar, Vegetable Oil, almond extract and vanilla extract in it and the mixture till it is turned into a smooth batter.
- Add flour and salt in the mixture.
- Roll into 4 inch strips and place on baking sheet.
- Curve top down to form handle of cane (as shown in the picture).
- Bake in preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes. While still warm, remove from pan and sprinkle with candy and sugar mixture.
Dough may be divided in half and colored with 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring, if desired. Roll each color into strips, place side by side, press together lightly and twist like a rope.